Saturday, September 02, 2006

What I miss about home.....



I miss the smell of the ocean. This lighthouse is in Cape Elizabeth, Maine. One of my favorite places to go. It sits on the edge of Fort Williams. My mom has slept in this lighthouse. Her sister married a man that was the keeper of this lighthouse for a short time. The Charlotte Discover Place has a large photo of this in the children's play area. It was fun for my mom to explain to my children that she has slept here.

I copied this photo using a Google image search. I also browsed flickr images and looked at some photos of my "home". Google images is one of my favorite browsing sites.

1 Comments:

Blogger kats_sis said...

ooohhh - very beautiful thanks for sharing. I too grew up in Maine - on Vinalhaven for most of my childhood. I don't miss the cold - had no idea I could be warm!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home